Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Great God THOR Hushovd wears yellow and I ride 30 miles

In today's Prologue, Thor Hushovd posted a great time to win by .73 seconds over Gorgeous George. I am happy to see Thor in yellow, and I think he may try to keep the jersey for a few days. I'd love to see him win a sprint finish tomorrow against Robbie, Tom, et al.

I suppose I am getting over my initial shock about the rider suspensions and trying to see the Tour this year as being even more exciting, but it's very difficult to do that. I think the loss of Vino is tremendous given he's such an attacking rider. He would shake things up. I can't forget the way he blasted home on the final stage last year to knock Levi out of the top 5.

Again, Bob "Jelly" Roll is ridiculous as a commentator. If I have to hear him say "Tour de France" one more time, I will scream.

Today M and I joined the every other Saturday group here for a ride - we took some roads I have never been on and seemed to do a lot of climbing, stopping, and waiting for dropped riders. Still, it was a lot of fun, and I'm sure we'll do it again. I just love cycling. I think I'm getting better at climbing; I just need to focus on my form more. Now, I don't really have climbing FORM yet, but I'm working on it. M and I purchased a couple of cycling books today because M had a tire blow out and we want to be better prepared next time to do the maintenance. With a lot of help, it took 20 mins; had we been along, it would have taken an hr.

OH, TERRIBLE day for Floyd Landis ... he MISSED the start of his TT. So, he was about 10 seconds off the lead with 8 of those coming from him being late out of the start house. Someone said he had a flat. Sounds like a prankster to me. Who gets a flat right before the Prologue?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home