Monday, May 22, 2006

My Da Vinci [sic] Code Review (It's not as bad as you think)

Saw the Da Vinci Code yesterday afternoon and was anticipating the most terrible movie of the year, but I think that award will go to Kane's See No Evil.

I have read many of the stunningly bad reviews of Tom Hanks' latest effort to add to his collection of Oscar awards - didn't he win about seven in a row? Ok, this won't get him another nod, but it was an enjoyable film...if all you're looking to do is watch a reasonably pleasant mystery/adventure film and NOT think about the deeper implications of the SACRED FEMININE and Jesus' love child with Mary Magdalene. If you want philosophy, read something by Colin McGinn or Dr. Seuss. If you want to be mildly entertained, watch this film. You have to love anything Sir Ian is in, and he does make the movie that much more enjoyable.

It was remarked to me that Paul Bettany likes to show his rear in films. I've not noticed this, but if you are a PB rear-follower, you might want to see the movie for the obligatory PB rear scene.

No one has mentioned Alfred Molina's turn as Bishop Big Bucks, but he's also a lot of fun to watch. I would have liked to see Sir Ian and Molina in the same scene, as I bet they'd play well off of each other, but it wasn't meant to be.

Well, that's it for now. As I said, I think the movie is worth watching - at least to pass the time until X3 comes out.

1 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Blogger Gexton said...

Social media is not maturing, marketers are just getting lazy in their application of it.
sic code
Standard Industrial Classification

 

Post a Comment

<< Home