Sunday, May 21, 2006

Corwin to Morrow and back

Yesterday Mike and I did our first bike ride together with his new bike .

It was about a 30 mile round trip, and we cruised along at about 15-17mph with some faster breaks. The trail was somewhat crowded but not as busy as I imagined it would be. My big fear was losing the bikes off the back of the car on the bike rack; I just never trust those things. Has anyone had a bad bike rack experience?

Sadly, the Corwin Peddler is closed and for sale. What happened? It was a great place to stop after a ride, and the folks in there were always cyclist-friendly.

The newly tuned Specialized Allez Elite (triple) that I ride felt really good. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the saddle, but I don't know to what saddle I would change it. Mike and I are talking about a century at the end of the summer, so we'll have to start planning/training for that I suppose.

Overall, it was a good day of cycling.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger The Corwin Peddler said...

We reopened The Corwin Peddler on June 14th 2007.

Please visit our web site www.TheCorwinPeddler.com to see our opening times and expanded services.

We look forward to seeing you in the Spring.

Simeon & Ann Copple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home