Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Maxwell Ellison you have a message waiting at the paging assistance location

keeps playing on the intercom here in Phoenix International Airport. I'm waiting for my 1 minute to midnight flight to Chi-town...I'll be on the same plane I took here from SFO. On the way in, there was a lightning storm over half the city - you could see the clouds and the strikes in the sky - but half the city was clear. Very strange effect. I'm exhausted. It's very quiet in here. No music playing. I don't even see anyone at the gate. I wish I could have just sat in the plane and waited until our next take-off. Oh well.

Trip to SF was awesome; see ontheroadiwthlolita.blogspot.com for some pictures and a recap. The Lolita project will be amazing, I know. I'm very happy with what I'm learning so far. I also think it will help me teach the novel more effectively to my students and really interest them in archival work/research.

Thank you, Miami University for giving me the opportunity to do this!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home