Wednesday, July 19, 2006

daryl hall and john oates

I am listening to H20, which is being played at the bar/restaurant in my hotel in san fran. Oh my gosh, I don't want to leave as long as they're playing H&O, because I LOVED this duo back in the 80s. "You're out of touch. I'm out of touch. But I'm out of my head when you're not around." How can you not love those lyrics?

So, I had a very unsatisfying, overpriced meal here, but at least the music is good, right?

Tomorrow I'm meeting the Trott for breakfast. Haven't seen him since August 1997. Wow. That's a long time. When he called, I didn't even recognize his voice on the phone. Then it's off to Mission Dolores. Check out ontheroadiwthlolita.blogspot.com

I need to do some tourist-type things while in this city, but I'm afraid my work schedule won't allow it.

One of the things I've heard about San Fran concerns the number of homeless people. There are a lot, but I don't feel overwhelmed as some people seem to be. Maybe they've just never been in a city with a sizable homeless population. I remember having a conversation - perhaps with Trott? about whether you give to homeless people who ask for money, etc.

Private eyes. They're watching you. They see your every move. (gotta get those hand claps in there)

Ok, it's about 8:20pm here, and I've been awake since 4am thanks to the time change, etc. I probably should call it an evening so, but oh no...as long as they're playing Hall and Oates, I'm staying! : )

While I was in the SFPL today they evacuated - it was a false fire alarm or something. I then went over to the farmer's market and had a nasty hotdog and a nastier bottle of water. I mean, the bottle looked like it had been rolled around in the dirt. How can anyone charge 2 bucks for that? I shouldn't have paid for it, but I had already said I wanted the water, so I felt obliged. I barely drank from it. Ugh.

Ok, I better end this post and get some real work done.

You're a rich girl and you've gone too far.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

One of my favorite Dead show recordings is the Dead with Hall and Oates. It's kind of surreal, but it really happened. They cover "What's Going On?" and "Every Time You Go Away".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home