Sunday, July 10, 2005

Will Discovery Team make a statement today?

They're leading the peloton right now up the mountain. They look good. Ullrich had a crash earlier, but there's not much being said about it. Allegedly he hurt his knee. I still think Kloden and Vino are the big threats to Lance. Still Ullrich is needed as a potential threat to Lance. Imagine a team having three riders capable of challenging Lance! Yikes.

I got up at 6:30am just to watch this stage because I missed the past two days live. Tomorrow is a rest day, but I can't imagine one day makes a huge difference to these guys. In fact, I wonder if it hurts more, because your muscles realize what a tremendous effort they've been making. It's like running hard, stopping, and then trying to run again! It's easier to just slow to a jog and then speed up than it is to completely stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home